To be seen at the Matthews Free Medical Clinic, you must:
- Live in Mecklenburg or Union County
- Be 14-64 years old
- Not have Medicaid, Medicare, VA or private insurance
- Please call (704) 841-8882 for the next new patient screening date and time.
- MFMC patients must recertify annually, on a designated date, with the clinic.
- You must bring your current year’s tax return, most recent payroll stub, recent utility bill and disability statement, if applicable.
What to Bring with You
Bring a completed application and COPIES* of the following items:
- Picture ID
- Social Security card, if available
- Two (2) consecutive Payroll stubs (most recent) or letter from employer
- Utility bills with your name on it
- Mortgage statement
- Two (2) consecutive bank statements
- Current year’s tax return
- Disability statement, if applicable
- Food stamp letter, if applicable
- Unemployment benefits letter, if applicable
- Child Support, if applicable
*No originals will be accepted. Copies will not be made at the clinic. Applicants must bring copies to the eligibility screening, or we will be unable to process the application. Copies cannot be made at the clinic.